Boardman, Ohio (January 20, 2022) — Committed to pairing the best patient experience with the most advanced medical technology available today, Southwoods Health is proud to announce the arrival of the Vantage Galan 3T MRI at Southwoods Imaging.
MRI uses a magnetic field without radiation to produce high-resolution 3D images of the organs and structures inside the body. The amount of information provided by the exam is directly related to the strength of the magnetic field. 3T MRI is the strongest magnet used in medicine today and produces the most detailed and accurate images with the highest degree of resolution. Southwoods Imaging is the only facility in the area with multiple 3T units in one location.
“For physicians, the capabilities of the Vantage Galan 3T ensures the highest quality images with enhanced anatomical detail – helping lead to more accurate diagnoses. For our patients, this technology improves comfort by delivering faster, quieter exams,” explained Ed Muransky, Southwoods Chief Executive Officer. “Southwoods Imaging was the first to offer 3T MRI in Mahoning County in 2014, and remains the only provider in the county offering this level of technology. This investment underscores Southwoods’ continuing commitment to providing quality clinical services and an exceptional patient experience.”
Patient benefits include:
- Reduced scan times. Scans are reduced by as much as 50% on most patients, and shorter scan times equal more patient comfort.
- Less noise. Acoustic noise is reduced up to 99% with Pianissimo® quiet technology – making exams quieter, more comfortable and easier to complete.
- Larger opening. The system boasts the industry’s widest opening (71cm), delivering a more open feeling and enabling patients of all sizes to feel comfortable.
- Contrast free scans. Non-contrast MRA sequences minimize risk to patients with sensitivity to contrast while still producing exceptional images.
- Metal reduction software. The presence of metal-related artifacts (in patients who have metallic orthopaedic implants, for example) can obscure relevant injuries and disease. This new system significantly reduces that issue.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) applications along with deep learning reconstruction. These applications automate scan planning, offer increased resolution and produce exceptionally detailed images, helping streamline workflow.
“In researching new systems, we knew we had to stay with the 3T,” said Muransky. “Over the years, we’ve seen such a difference in image quality and so have our doctors. We are always focused on providing the best service, technology and experience to our patients.”
To learn more about MRI and the other imaging services offered at Southwoods Health, visit www.SouthwoodsImaging.com. Southwoods Imaging is located at 7623 Market Street in Boardman, and offers convenient evening and weekend hours.